A series of major power outages in Armonk earlier this week were caused by two incidents involving an arrow and bullets, Con Edison confirmed.
According to Allan Drury, a spokesman for the utility company, the first incident happened July 4, around 2 a.m. It involved an arrow going into an overhead conductor in an area around Baldwin Road and Bedford Road. About 1,200 were left without power as a result, but full restoration was done in about two hours, he said.
The second incident occured around 3 p.m. on July 5, with two bullets hitting a conductor on Old Post Road. About 2,000 customers were in the dark as a result, and restoration took about two hours, Drury said.
Who is behind the incidents is unknown.
"We're not alleging any individual or organization is responsible," Drury said.
North Castle police have been alerted to the incidents, according to Drury.
Drury, from his experience, does not recall a similar incident.
The outages in Armonk coincided with a lockout of Con Edison's unionized workers, which began last Sunday. In the meantime, management employees have been filling in the gaps.
Meanwhile, New Castle has seen its own outages, with more than 300 customers being without power on Saturday afternoon.