1. Hospice Care in Westchester & Putnam for having its annual tree lighting ceremony, called the Tree of Life celebration, starting at 6 p.m. at Mount Kisco's Holiday Inn. News 12 reporter Lisa LaRocca will be the master of ceremonies, while student choirs from Fox Lane and Horace Greeley high schools will sing for the crowd. Click here for details.
2. Tonight, the public will get an update on the proposed extension of Chappaqua elementary school days for next year. The item will come up during Superintendent Lyn McKay's report portion of the meeting, according to the meeting's agenda. McKay tested the waters on the idea earlier this month, scheduling a coffee and conversation segment for parents on the idea. There will be more talk about the concept at the school board's Dec. 12 meeting, according to the district's website. The meeting starts at 8:15 p.m., in Horace Greeley High School's academic commons.
3. Meanwhile, at the same Chappaqua meeting there will be talk about another schedule change, this one being about 55-minute periods overhaul that the district started using this school year. The talk will include a presentation, according to the meeting agenda.
4. Bedford Central's school board will meet tonight. Notable agenda items will include a status update on proposed capital plan, which will include a series of major building renovations and a bond vote. To learn more about the capital plan, click here and to access the meeting agenda, click here. The meeting starts at 8 p.m., in Fox Lane Middle School's Little Theatre.
5. The Mount Kisco Public Library will hold a talk on the federal government's new dream action policy for immigrants, tonight at 6 p.m. Click here for details.