1. Months of planning will culminate this weekend with the first-ever Kisco Summer Sunday, which will include a mix of music (by The Aardvarks), and offerings from local businesses. The event will take place along the downtown brook, behind the library and village hall, starting at 5 p.m.
Kisco Summer Sunday is the work of Sarah O'Grady and Maria Colaco, who started the Occupy Main Street group in response to a rise in downtown retail vacancies. when O'Grady sought approval from the village board of trustees, she descibed the event as something to help downtown.
“If we do events like this and people feel like it’s a great place to come, you know, and spend the Sunday, they’ll think of us first to come back and do their shopping and spend their money and, you know, visit some of the stores,"
To learn more, and here for details.
2. Swim Across America will kick off a new event in Chappaqua on Sunday, to raise money and bring awareness to cancer treatment, research and prevention. Olympic silver medalist Bobby Hackett will be on hand. It will be on Sunday, from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m., at for details.
3. A Chappaqua house will be up for auction on Sunday. The house, at 22 Random Farms Drive, has a minimum bid of $999,000, according to the auction's website. It starts at 11 a.m. at the residence, according to the website. Click here for details.
4. Gina Bergamini will be holding at dance class on Saturday, at 10:30 a.m., at the Click here for details.
5. There is a decorator tag sale on Saturday, 9:30 a.m. at 9 White Oak Lane in Chappaqua. for details.