1. Visitors passing through downtown Millwood will be greeted with a large welcome sign for the hamlet, which has been visible at least since Friday.
The sign, with a blue background and white text, is posted in front of the A&P plaza, at the intersection of Route 100 and Station Place. The main sign for the hamlet - the other two are smaller and on the outskirts - and the second to have been installed. The installation took longer because an oil tank was found buried at the site, which required remediation, Millwood Task Force member Michael Stern told the group at its meeting Thursday. The process for getting the signs with the New Castle town government and the task force.
2. Mount Kisco's Village Board of Trustees meets tonight for a regular session, 7:30 p.m. at Agenda items include a vote for funding a drainage improvement project for Brook Street and updates on the village's energy efficiency program. Click here for the full agenda.
3. New York Rock Academy, which is part of , opens its summer camp today. for details.
4. The will host Chris Fascione, who will be doing "Juggling Funny Stories." It starts today at 7 p.m. Click here for details.
5. Fascione will also be doing the same event today at the , at 4:30 p.m. Click here for details.