1. Mount Kisco Elementary School is seeking school supplies to help kids hurt by Hurricane Sandy. The school will continue to collect donations until Nov. 30 and items will be distributed to various schools that stand to benefit. Click here for details.
2. The League of Women Voters of New Castle will hold a talk tonight about New York State's campaign finance system, one that it describes as "characterized by sky-high campaign donation limits, lenient restrictions on mingling personal and campaign funds and ineffective enforcement of the laws."
The league is advocating reform of the current system. The talk is at 7 p.m. at Horace Greeley High School's academic commons.
3. The New Castle Town Board has a series of high-profile public hearings tonight at its regular meeting. They include hearings on two proposals to rezone Chappaqua Crossing to allow for a large grocery store and ancillary retail, along with a hearing on the proposed 2013 budget. The meeting, which includes the hearings, starts tonight at 7:45 p.m. at town hall in Chappaqua. Click here to access tonight's agenda and packet.
4. Fox Lane High School has choruses concerts tonight at 7 p.m., at the high school. Click here for details.
5. The Chappaqua Library will have a teen resume writing workshop tonight at 7:30 p.m. Click here for details.