1. Kids throughout the Bedford Central School District, including in Mount Kisco and eastern New Castle, will be heading back to school this morning, starting the new 2012-13 school year. If you have any photos of you kids heading out this morning, upload them to this story as part of a community photo gallery.
2. The New Castle Town Board will meet tonight to consider a new proposal for the Legionaries of Christ property, which is located at 744 Armonk Rd. (Route 128). A spokesman for the organization says that no deal has been agreed to with the developer; the land has been According to town officials, including Supervisor Susan Carpenter, the proposal involves creating a hotel type of facility. The board meets at 7:45 p.m., at in Chappaqua. We'll keep you updated once the proposal is presented. Click here for the agenda.
3. While Chappaqua schools don't reopen until tomorrow, the school board has a meeting this morning, at 10:30 a.m. at commons. Agenda items include approving the district's payment share of , along with modified-level coach votes. Click here for the agenda.
4. Mount Kisco's Village Board of Trustees meets tonight at 7:30 p.m., at Agenda items include a presentation for Energize Mount Kisco, the village's branch of the Energize New York program that will launch soon. Click here for the agenda.
5. The New Castle Planning Board meets tonight at 7 p.m., at town hall in Chappaqua. It is expected to approve the and to hold a public hearing for Click here to download the agenda.