1. Fresh off its successful Fall Festival, the Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce is having its Third Thursday series tonight. Under it, merchants will stay open late until 7 p.m. and offer special offerings sales, according to chamber member Rob Greenstein. Stores participating will have stickers displayed in their windows, Greenstein explained. Examples include: Le Jardin du Roi having an early bird special until 7:30 p.m., King Street Restaurant and Bar offering free dessert along with a paid entree (from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) and Chappaqua Wine & Spirit offering a wine tasting (from 4:00 to 7 p.m.).
2. Northern Westchester Hospital is hosting Dr. Michael Krychman, who will hold a lecture on the sexual health of women who have battled breast cancer. The talk coincides with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The lecture will start tonight at 7 p.m., at NWH's Chappaqua Crossing location. Click here for details.
3. NCCMC is holding a screening tonight of a Metallica documentary, called "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster." It starts at 5 p.m., at the NCCMC studio in Chappaqua. Click here for details.
4. Chappaqua schools are closed today due to staff development day.
5. Halloween is coming and the Chappaqua Library will host a paranormal writing workshop today at noon. Paranormal author (and New Castle resident) Jen Nadol will lead the event. Click here for details.