Fatal Kisco Group Home Fire Was Accidental: Chief

Victim found to be a male resident of the place.

Update: The medical examiner's office has identified the man as 50-year-old Richard Bouman.

Original Story:

The cause of at a Mount Kisco group home for mentally disabled adults was determined to be accidental, Fire Chief Tom Jackson said.

The fire started due to a malfunctioning outlet in the bathroom of the apartment unit where the fire started, Jackson said. The fire occured on the third floor of the 3-story building at 43 Highland Ave., with the fire department responding at around 9:20 p.m. About 80 firefighters in total were on site, including Mount Kisco and Bedford Hills, which provided mutual aid.

The victim has been identified as a 51-year-old male resident of the group home, Jackson said, although the chief did not have his name or information about his cause of death available. An autopsy is being done on the victim, Jackson said.

The group home is operated by an organization calle the Community Living Corp., the village manager's office confirmed.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »