A detached garage in Mount Kisco was destroyed by a fire on Saturday, Fire Chief Michael Boles confirmed.
The matter happened at 44 Leonard St. around 6:30 p.m., he said, describing the damage as resulting in "a total loss." The fire, Boles said, was caused because a heater in the structure was mistakenly left on.
There were no injuries, Boles said. Bedford Hills firefighters provided mutual aid, with Mount Kisco's volunteer ambulance corps on scene. Westchester EMS was also there, Boles said.
For photos of the incident, click here for a gallery taken by Art Nelson, who said he lives on nearby High Street.