.

Group Home Fire Victim's Identity, Cause of Death Revealed

Victim was 50-year-old Richard Bouman, and he died of smoke inhalation, said Medical Examiner's office.

The victim of Wednesday night's fatal fire at the Mount Kisco group home for mentally disabled adults has been identified, along with his cause of death.

The Westchester County Medical Examiner's office said the man was Richard Bouman, a 50-year-old resident who died in the third-floor apartment where the fire broke out. The fire has been ruled as an accidental electrical one, starting due to a mafunctioning outlet.

Bouman's official cause of death was asphyxiation from inhalation of smoke containing carbon monoxide, the examiner's office said. Bouman's body was discovered after firefighters put out the fire, which was responded to at 43 Highland Ave., at around 9:20 p.m. The blaze was put out within minutes, with about 80 firefighters from Mount Kisco and Bedford Hills at the scene.

The group home was operated by the Community Living Corporation.

For more on our story, for our report on the cause and for our first story.

Danielle Dachik September 01, 2012 at 01:50 AM
The firemen were amazing. It is an honor to live in a village with such brave and selfless volunteers. Thank you so much from a Highland Ave resident. Although we are so sad about our neighbor, the results could have been so much worse without our amazing firefighters. thank you! Danielle Dachik

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »