this link and the meeting's packet is at this link. Additionally, a presentation of the proposed budget is at this link.1. The New Castle Town Board will vote Tuesday night to approve the proposed 2014 budget, according to the agenda. The meeting starts at 8:15 p.m. at town hall in Chappaqua. The agenda is at
2. Snow is heading into the area on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service, with one to three inches predicted.
3. New Castle's fire districts will have their elections for their boards of fire commissioners, according to officials, with polls are open today from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Chappaqua firehouse (for New Castle Fire District No. 1) and the Millwood firehouse (for the Millwood Fire District). The elections for each board are uncontested, according to officials, with incumbent Brian Murphy running in Chappaqua's fire district and incument Alan Schapiro running in Millwood.
4. Another item that's on the New Castle Town Board's agenda is to set a date for a scoping session for The Spa at New Castle, which is the redevelopment proposal for the Legionaries of Christ site. The agenda indicates that the session would be held in January. A copy of the draft scope is at this link on the town's website. The scope is a document for the early portion of the proposal's environmental review.
5. Fox Lane High School will host the 8th grade and high school band concert on Tuesday night at 7 p.m., according to this announcement.
6. Horace Greeley High School will hold its 9th-grade band and string orchestra concert tonight at 7:30 p.m., according to this announcement.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something