1. After being interrupted for weeks due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, New Castle's Town Board is having a mix of regular an work sessions tonight at town hall in Chappaqua, starting a 7:45 p.m. with a board statement and public comment. While the agenda does not explicitly state the purpose of the town's statement, New Castle NOW is reporting that it will be about the town's post-Sandy response. Other agenda items include a vote to reschedule the Chappaqua Crossing groceries public hearings, which were delay because of Sandy, to Dec. 11. Click here for the agenda.
2. Should Chappaqua's elementary school kids spend longer days in school? Superintendet Lyn McKay wants to get parents' feedback on the idea, and will be holding a conversation tonight at 7 p.m., at Roaring Brook Elementary School. Click here for details.
3. Meanwhile, Mount Kisco's Planning Board meets tonight at 7:30 p.m., at Village Hall. Agenda items include continuing review of The Hearth proposal for the former Swiss Benevolent property and of the Mt. Kisco Coach Diner expansion plan. Click here for the agenda.
4. Horace Greeley High School is hosting a blood drive today at 8 a.m. and its commons. Click here for details.
5. Robert E. Bell Middle School is holding a 6th-grade parents' networking meeting today at 9:30 a.m. Click here for details.