1. For the fourth meeting this fall, New Castle's Planning Board will discuss the prospect of rezoning Chappaqua Crossing to allow for a grocery store and ancillary retail. This time, it will be the second meeting on developer Summit/Greenfield's proposal, which will include 120,000 square feet of such space, including a grocery store of 36,000 to 66,000 square feet. Board members have concerns about the project, including the order of review process and its possible impact on existing merchants. Summit/Greenfield will do a presentation of the proposal, which has garnered controversy among people in the community worried about traffic and whether it will compete with merchants already in town. The board's meeting starts at 7 p.m., at town hall in Chappaqua. Click here to search for the agenda.
2. The New Castle Town Board will hold a special joint meeting with the Chappaqua school board, tonight at 7:45 p.m. at Horace Greeley High School. Click here for our preview story about it.
3. Once the Town Board is done with its joint meeting, it will hold a work session at town hall. Notable agenda items include an update on the proposed sewer extensions to Random Farms, Riverwoods and Yeshiva. Click here to search for the agenda.
4. The Bedford Central School District's Community Investment Program (CIP), an outreach committee to tell folks about the district's proposed major renovations for the district's buildings, will have two info sessions today at West Patent Elementary School, one of the buildings proposed to get a significant overhaul. The meetings will be at 9:15 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Click here for details.
5. As part of National Inclusive Schools Week, Seven Bridges Middle School will host guest speaker Geri Mariano, a woman who was born with dwarfism, at 11 a.m. and noon talks with students. According to an announcement from the district, she will talk about understanding diversity.