1. New Castle's Town Board will hold a work session tonight for a presentation on a revised proposal for redeveloping the former Legionaries of Christ site, which is located off of Armonk Road (Route 128). The meeting starts tonight at 7:45 p.m., at New Castle Town Hall. Click here for the agenda.
Redeveloping the site is proposed by Stephen Oder, of Soder Real Estate Equities, who has a deal to purchase the site from the religious order if he gets town approval for his overhaul. Oder's first plan, unveiled last September, included a 30-room hotel, spa and 66 condo units, while a revised proposal made in October contained 80 housing units but dropped the hotel and spa. When the second proposal was outlined for the town board, members had concerns, including visual impact on neighboring streets and bedroom count.
According to packet materials for the meeting, David Steinmetz, the developer's attorney, emailed Town Administrator Penny Paderewki late last year to inform her of a revised proposal, noting that he had discussed it with Supervisor Susan Carpenter and Town Planner Sabrina Charney Hull. No further details about it were included in the packet.
2. Also on the town board's work session agenda is considering an administrative item to combine the environmental reviews for Chappaqua Crossing developer Summit/Greenfield's grocery store and retail rezoning proposal with an earlier version that was proposed by the town itself.
3. The New Castle Historical Society will continue its antiques series today at 10 a.m. at the Chappaqua Library. Click here for details.
4. New Castle's Planning Board meets tonight at 7 p.m., at town hall in Chappaqua. Agenda items include a proposal from the Chappaqua Village Market to install a rooftop generator. Click here for the agenda.
5. The PTA chapters for Chappaqua's three elementary schools will have a joint meet tonight at 7:30 p.m., at Douglas G. Grafflin Elementary School. Click here for details.