(Editor's Note: Below is a copy of a list that New Castle has posted on its website for what residents can do for getting rid of tree debris):
1. Resident tree debris may be brought to the Recycling Center, by residents (Monday-Saturday) or landscapers hired by residents with proof required (Monday-Friday) 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Form to be used as proof may be picked up at Recycling Center or may be downloaded here or from Recycling section of this website. Please click here for the form.
2. During the storm cleanup, landscapers hired by residents (proof required) will be charged 1/2 regular fees. (Regular fees-- $25 per cy for logs; $15 chips; $10 per cy brush)
3. No out of town yard waste will be accepted due to space limitations.
4. Curbside yard waste pickup will start immediately. Brush must be bundled at maximum 4 feet long and weigh less than 60 pounds. Brush over 5 inches in diameter, loose branches and other
material will not be picked up.
5. Town crews are working on picking up Town brush from the streets and the Town right of way. Residents are responsible for their trees and brush.
6. If you have questions, please call the Recycling Department 238-8091 or check Recycling section of this website.